Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2007 Made Me Sleepy...

Between my last season of rowing, graduating from college, buying a house, getting married, starting my first post-college job, Gearry business-deal-gone-bad and him starting a new (and better) job, the craziness of the holidays and Hillary’s wedding, 2007 was… well, tiring!

Here’s to hoping 2008 will move at a slightly slower pace… glacial, if I have my choice. I know life is always a little crazy, but 2008 doesn’t really hold any major changes (God-forbid!) or milestones, as far as I can see. Lots of the same ‘ol, same ‘ol, and that’s OK with me… I’m ready for a break! I will probably be sleeping most of the month of January, so forgive me if I fail at any attempt to be social. Trust me: a non-sleepy Stacey is a much friendlier Stacey.

Hillary’s wedding went really well. I don’t have any pictures, of course, but hopefully will get some posted once I steal them from other people. It was an exhausting weekend, but well worth it. The ceremony went off without any problems, the reception at Brookside Country Club was great, and the after-party Hillary’s parents hosted at their house was a lot of fun. Chris and Hillary headed off to the Caribbean very early the next morning; they sent a picture of themselves on their cruise ship just a couple hours after Gearry and I made it back to Indiana!

I was so glad to get to spend 3 days with Gearry, something that doesn’t happen too often. Gearry was a great usher, doing pretty much anything anyone asked of him with a smile on his face. He was a huge help, and – despite the crazy running around – the wedding weekend was a good getaway for the two of us. We may take a small 3-4 day vacation in March, but our next “big” vacation (somewhere warm & beachy with a few of our couple-friends) won’t be until the end of August or beginning of September, so little weekend getaways like this are nice.

Hope everyone had a fantastic New Year’s celebration. I don’t really celebrate when it comes to New Year’s, because I am never with Gearry, and it’s just not the same. I guess I need a New Year’s kiss to be happy ;) Gearry has worked all but one New Year’s Eve the 7 years we’ve been together… on the few that he may have been available I was in Tampa, training with the rowing team (which is where they are now… all warm and stuff… lucky). This year I was in bed by 10 pm… I figured 2008 would still come in without me, and I was right!

I started my new flex-schedule this week, which is going to take some getting used to, but is also very nice. Four 10-hour days, Monday-Thursday, instead of five 8-hour days, Monday-Friday. It makes for some loooooong weekdays, but it is definitely worth it. I am already so so so excited that this Friday I will be able to spend the entire day with Gearry! We’re declaring it a “robe day”: Spending the entire day in our robes, watching movies, eating, napping, just being incredibly lazy and not even answering the phone. Yes, I see many happy Fridays in our future.

No comments: