Tuesday, April 8, 2008

While I Was Sleeping...

I am a little disturbed. I've been sleeping for approximately the last five days (literally... I've been out of the house to go to the doctor and I think I was about half-conscious at that point) and today I finally had to force myself outside (I can now breathe while talking... a big accomplishment) to take the dogs for a little walk and... Spring came while I was sleeping!

Seriously. Birds chirping, dandelions everywhere, little buds on the trees, bushes that formerly looked like a bundles of sticks now covered in bright yellow blooms... did that all really happen in the last five days?!

I'm not complaining, though. This winter was miserable and I loooooooooooove the warm weather. As soon as I finish banishing this nasty, nasty bug, here comes the camping, swimming, running, cycling, boating, kayaking, hiking, blah, blah, blah. Love it! Too bad about that whole "indoor work" thing. I really miss working at summer camp.

I am 99.5% sure I'll be going back to work tomorrow morning. I don't feel like I'm going to die today, which is a huge improvement, and I've got a looooooot of catching up to do at the office (did I mention "a lot"?) so back to work it will be.

2 comments:

Marla Alexander said...

Feel better! P.S. I really like the new page colors! Very Spring-esk. :)

LOVE!

Kathleen said...

I like the remedial English at right, it reminds me of the good ol' days on the rowing bus :). And I miss you. Kind of a lot.