Sunday, April 6, 2008

El Sicko

Sick. Again. After somehow making it through the entire winter relatively healthy, I had a nasty bug a couple weeks ago. Fortunately I was able to knock it out after four or five days with a round of antibiotics.

Whatever I have now, however, refuses to be tamed. I started getting sick on Thursday evening, and after battling through it for the last couple of days, my 102.4 degree fever was all the way down to 97.1 this morning. By the afternoon, though, back up to 100. I was a sweaty-chilling-feverish-sore throat-headache-body ache-congested mess. Thankfuly, Mom volunteered to babysit the dogs today and tomorrow so that I could rest, and she came up tonight to take me to the doctor. My fever was still sky high (102.5) and they think I have the flu. I'm starting flu meds and am just supposed to gets lots of rest and lots of fluids over the next couple days... and no work, since I'm really contagious. Which sucks, because there is a ton of stuff going on at work that I need to be involved in right now, but what can you do? I'm so sick of this couch... but here's to a couple more days of it.

I need to go back to sleep, and I can't really think of any other news worth reporting, so goodnight!

No comments: