Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Game to Remember

If you missed the IU/Purdue Old Oaken Bucket Game last weekend... well, sorry about your luck, because it was definitely one not to be missed, whether on television or in person. Especially if you are a Hoosier fan!

After my rowing alumni events in the morning (more about those later, and the weekend with my friends, when Stebby gets pictures posted so that I can add some!), Mom, Josh and I went to the game (Dad also had a ticket but was sick).

Josh and I pretty much bash each other's schools 24/7, so it was awesome to sit next to him, me decked out in IU gear and he in Purdue. And it was even MORE awesome when Indiana came away with a crazy, crazy win, thanks to Austin Starr's freakin' long field goal with a few seconds left in the game. The crowd was riled up the whole time, of course, and the win brought them raining down on the field. We were on the high side of the stadium, so we stayed put, but it was fun watching everyone on the low side rush the field, jumping one after another like lemmings over the concrete ledges and banisters.

The best part of the whole thing was razzing Josh, though I tried *tried* to keep it to a minimum. The game could have just as easily gone the other way, so I kept that in mind. All the while wearing a huge grin. The is the first year in a long time that IU is bowl eligible, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that we make it. It should be announced sometime early next week, after everyone else finishes up their games.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I'm not sure why you tried for a modicum of decorum, I would STILL be rubbing his face in it!

P.S. Thanks for reminding me that I missed the best football game in like a century...It didn't hurt enough :-P