Sunday, August 3, 2008

80

Happy birthday, Mamaw Jackie! Today we celebrated my great aunt (who I've always called "mamaw" since I never knew my grandma on that side of the family) Jackie's 80th birthday. All I can say is, I hope I have as much energy as she does when I'm 80! It was a fun time and great getting to see lots of my family who I only see on special occasions. I didn't take any pics today, but below is a picture taken recently of four generations of the Nolan family, including Jackie (center), her son Steve (left), granddaughter Shannon (right) and great grandson Asa, on her lap. Hopefully that makes sense, for those of you who read this and aren't related to me ;)

After Jackie's birthday party, Josh and I actually went for a bike ride together for the first time. We both have such busy schedules, but neither of us had anything planned for the afternoon/evening except a workout, so we figured why not do it together and make a fun time of it? We meandered around the country from Mitchell to Orleans and back, about 22.5 miles. I ran out of water way too early (Josh doesn't even take water... what a weirdo) but other than that it was a great ride. We rode through lots of Amish farms... so beautiful, in a unique, simplistic way. Got chased by a few dogs too. I'm still amazed how many people leave their bike-chasing dogs off leash. Scary. But no nibbles, so it's all good.

I thought I'd post a few more pictures from the same batch as the four generation one above, which were all taken on the Nolans' recent trip to visit Shannon, Eric and Asa in Washington state.

Eric, Shannon and Baby Asa.

Erin (Susan's daughter, Shannon's niece, Asa's cousin) reading to Asa. So cute!

I love this picture of Erin playing in the surf! It makes me want to be at the ocean NOW.

No comments: