Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Almost Birthday to Me!

Tomorrow is the big 2-4, but since I won't be at work tomorrow (or Thursday or Friday... yay for mini-vacays because I have so much vacation time!) my co-workers celebrated the event today. My department rocks... I actually will be sad to leave them in another three weeks or so.

They made strawberry shortcakes with angel food cake, berries and homemade whipped cream. Delicious! Although I have to be semi-careful with how much sugar I eat (or risk passing out), I kind of blew caution to the wind today and enjoyed a couple big, tasty servings. So worth it. Yum! They also made me THE coolest birthday card ever. Brandon, one of the new people in the department, is a Photoshop whiz, and -- although my name is spelled incorrectly (something I'm pretty used to) -- created this little masterpiece:

I love it!! It was a birthday/good luck with coaching at IU combo card. And, yes, that's all my department co-workers behind me in the boat and in the water. I'm not a card person, so I was rather impressed with their originality.

On another good note, I took a break from work this morning to run over to Assembly Hall and take my NCAA coaches complaince exam and... I passed. 100% actually. (That was a combination of bragging and slight disbelief on my part.) Whew! I don't have anything to study for until classes begin on Sept. 2nd. Thank goodness!

Birthday action tomorrow includes Gearry, Dad and I boating and tubing at the lake, and probably ordering in pizza in the evening. Low-key, but just how I like it :)

No comments: