Monday, July 7, 2008

GREAT Weekend.

Fourth of July 2008 officially ROCKED. It was a lot of time in the car (7 hrs. there, 7 hrs. back) but it was well worth the time and the incredibly sore back (sitting in the car for long periods of time inflames my back issues like WHAT).

Early on Friday I headed to Columbus, Ohio to meet up with Stebby and her cousin, Alicia. I stretched my legs and we grabbed some brunch at my favorite Columbus eatery, Northstar, with Hillary and Chris and then hopped back in the car for the 3 hr. drive to Wampler's Lake in Michigan, the site of Stebby's parents' lakehouse. I had been once before, for my bachelorette party, but this was the first time I had been in-season, and the first time with the extended Stebbins family. It was a blast! Stebby's parents are amazing (and know how to party) and her brother, cousins Alicia and Josh, and Josh's girlfriend, Missy, were all great. Below is a pic of the house from the end of their dock, taken on the night of the 4th. The little glowing things are luminaries that their whole section of the lake lights every year on the 4th. That evening we all hopped on their boat and went out to the middle of the lake to watch the fireworks people from various houses were setting off all over the lake. I couldn't believe these were private firework shows; many of them rivaled public shows in small communities.

We spent most of the weekend playing in the water, eating great food, playing Wii (I rocked at tennis, was OK at bowling and accidentally punched Stebby's brother in the head for real when we were boxing) and playing old-fashioned greats like charades. "Playing" seems to be the common theme.

Above are Stebby and Missy playing Wii. Not sure what game. I'm pretty sure this was a posed picture.


Above is the view from the bedroom I shared with Stebby and Alicia.

And above is the view from the back porch.

No comments: