Monday, March 24, 2008

Clinton '08!

I just got home from hearing Chelsea Clinton speak on campus and it was AWESOME. I've been a Hillary Clinton supporter since very early in this election, and even though I'm still dreaming of the day when I actually get to hear her speak, Chelsea was a nice compromise.

Unfortunately, I missed the last ten minutes because due to 1) low blood sugar and 2) the extreme amount of body heat from all those people packed into such a small area, I was about to pass out and had to make a decision: leave the rally a few minutes early or pass out in front of the former First Daughter, about 600 people and 10 television camera. I didn't "feel" like I was going to pass out; I literally was going to. Obviously leaving was the best choice.

Nevertheless, while I was there all of the issues most important to me were covered, so I left pretty satisfied. I think Hillary and I share a brain and a heart when it comes to the way we feel about the issues, everything from hate crimes to gender equality to the economy to the war in Iraq to education reform, etc., etc., etc. She's not perfect, of course. No candidate is, because it's just not possible. But she's about as perfect as I could ask for in a president, and I hope with all I have that people are able to look past their own prejudices and see the plan she has for our country. After what we've been stuck with for the last 7 or so years, ANYTHING would be an improvement. Our government is an absolute joke. But I think Hillary is the best choice to make the most improvement and hopefully turn things around.

I have a short video, but blogger is being a little ridiculous right now and won't let me post it, so I will try again later. I used my cell phone cam, so it doesn't have zoom. The person standing up is Chelsea Clinton and the guy with the microphone is Sean Astin, the actor from "Rudy," "Lord of the Rings" and "The Goonies."

Back to studying... more regular posting after my test is done on Wednesday, I promise!

No comments: