Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Sunday

I hosted my first party in our new house yesterday for the Super Bowl (unfortunately, Gearry was working, as usual) and it was a great success! I'm a spaz when it comes to hosting things... I worry about every little detail. But I just tried to relax and enjoy the evening, and I thought it went really well. There were 7 of us: Tasheena (from work) and her girlfriend, Trish; Nikki (from work) and her fiance, Joe; Ben (from work); and Afra... plus Bailey, who decided it was the night to continually bite and attack everyone, as well as hang on to their pant legs with his teeth anytime they got up to do anything. It is a good thing he is so cute, or he wouldn't have gotten away with half of it. Gearry and I are trying to work on the biting thing (it's just play biting... he plays really rough) but we're not making a lot of progress. He'd never really try to hurt someone, which is good, but he's definitely earning his reputation as an ankle-biter.

I was sooooooo happy that the Giants came away with the victory! I'm not a Giants fan, but I am definitely NOT a Patriots fan. Basically, I was cheering for the lesser of two evils. Most of the game was a little dull, but the last few minutes were amazing! I really couldn't believe the outcome... this morning I wondered if I had dreamed it! Guess it's true... cheaters never prosper.

Thanks to who-knows-how-many beers (yep, I lost count) I felt HORRIBLE this morning. I came into work almost an hour and a half later than usual and I was still pretty much the first one here. After some greasy, stomach-coating food for lunch and about a gallon of water, I am feeling a lot better. I usually operate by a glass of water for every two beers rule, which makes things much, much better the next day. But, in my Super Bowl excitement, common sense went by the wayside and I paid for it. Blah. Here's to a good night of sleep tonight and lots and lots more water.

Gearry has to work tomorrow because his executive chef is on a business trip, so we won't get to spend our usual Tuesday evening together. I'm not too happy about that, but it will at least give me an excuse to stay later at work and get some extra stuff done. And, most importantly, we still have Wednesday.

This weekend, Hillary, Stebby & Stebby's Colleen may be coming to stay with us. I hope, I hope, I hope! We need a great girl weekend. A little Mother Bear's, some Dave & Rae, and a lot of dancing. I haven't heard the final word yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: