Thursday, May 21, 2009

Free at Last... Sort of...

The hellish spring semester is finally behind me. I'm sad to leave rowing, but happy to be able to sleep and to do some of the other things I love. I'm sad to not see all my friends in the master's program quite as regularly, but again happy to be able to sleep and to do some of the other things I love. I've had a few people ask me what I am doing this summer: In brief, taking P540 Learning and Cognition in Education; transcribing research files for two sociology doctoral students; traveling to Washington, D.C. to spend some time with Colleen and Stebby; traveling to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with Gearry for 8 days of fun in the sun; studying for and taking the Praxis II exam to get my teaching license; training for and competing in a couple of triathlons (1 in June, 1 in July, and 2 in August); and hopefully finding some time to hang out with my parents and Josh, play some tennis, and spends lots of time on and/or by the lake soaking up the rays. And, of course, I'm sure I'll end up out at the boathouse some too since Indiana Rowing is hosting a U.S. National Team Development Camp for the summer. And, also of course, I have to start preparing for student teaching at Lakeview Elementary, which begins the first week of August.

To kick off my newfound semi-freedom, I joined Mom and Dad for a day and night on their camping trip to Boggs Lake on Tuesday and Wednesday. Mom, quite the budding photographer, took some great pictures of the baby dogs and of the beautiful sunset over our campsite.







No comments: